Sunday, February 08, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow? - Lizzie*Kate

Photobucket

Design: How Does Your Garden Grow? (old freebie, not available online)
Designer: Lizzie*Kate
Threads: DMC conversions, mainly as charted
Fabric: Zweigart 32 count Belfast linen, vintage

I stitched this for my partner Chris in the HoE Lizzie*Kate exchange. Having sneakily snooped around her blog, I knew that Chris's other passion was gardening, so I though it was appropriate!

Photobucket

I made the finished item up into a small pillow using some vintage fabric I found in my stash. I think the fabric came from my gran's, but I'm not sure. It was quite lightweight, so I stiffened it a little with some iron on interfacing, to give it a similar 'body' to the linen and to improve wear - I consider my pieces items to be used :o) The backing is some coordinating felt.

Photobucket

And this is whole exchange - as my partner was in the UK, there was no problem adding seeds to the package, and I added some matching threads and ribbon too. Chris tells me she's very happy with the exchange, which is nice to hear!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

It's lovely, I really like the fabric.

wendy said...

so pretty!

staci said...

I love this pillow! It's adorable, and the fabric you chose matches perfectly!!!