Saturday, June 05, 2010

June Biscornu and Fob - Free Cross Stitch Pattern!

June brings tulips, lilies, roses.
Fills the children's hands with posies.



Summer is here, the cricket Test Matches have started, and the flowers are really beginning to show themselves. I'm very fond of flowers, coming from a family of keen gardeners. Living in a flat, I don't have a garden of my own, but we're lucky to have some communal gardens which have plenty of trees and shrubs. It  lacks the loving touch though! I remember as a child being taken to some amazing National Trust and National Trust for Scotland gardens - and being embarassed by my granny snapping off "cuttings" and putting them in a plastic baggie in her pocket :o)



I also have many happy memories of summers spent in a field of roses - my mum had a summer job working for a rose nursery and my sister and I would be welcome to go along, and help weed and dead head. I even learned all about grafting hybrid roses onto stronger root stock too. The scent of the field was fantastic in high summer, and I frequently wear rose perfume now - which is a little incongruous, as I'm not a flowery girly girl at all!

The chart follows my usual format of using only three colours so it should be quick and easy to stitch. I think it would look nice on almost any coloured fabric - and would look very striking on a dark colour!

The scissor fob can be personalised with your own initial as I've included a full alphabet

If you would like a copy of the chart, please comment below and leave an email address unless yours is visible in your blog profile. Some people ask for charts but I have no way of getting them to them :o( Charts are sent in PDF format.

If you do stitch this design, I'd love to see the finished article - and there will be a prize for any I show on my blog!

Although there is no charge for this chart, a donation to the MS Trust for this chart would be appreciated. Pennies will do - and you can make a donation by clicking here. You have raised £85 so far with your kind donations - let's see if we can make it a nice, round £100!

There is no obligation to make a donation - you will be sent the chart whether or not you choose to make a donation, as I appreciate that some people are not in a financial position to do so.

This pattern is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. Items made from this pattern may be sold on a small scale basis such as on Etsy or at craft sales. Sales for charity are positively encouraged! This pattern and the text and photos contained within, may not be copied or reproduced for any purpose other than personal use. Please direct people to this blog rather than forwarding the pattern, thank you! Copyright 2010 N M Wray

20 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this one and eagerly await it, having planted my flowers out front a couple of weeks ago and loving to look out the window at the beauty, this one brings that indoors, thanks. BarbM
barbmoffitt@att.net

Anna van Schurman said...

My grandmother embarrassed me by stealing everything off the table in restaurants--butter, sugar, rolls...your gran was just putting the "public" in public trust.

Roni said...

Your biscornu and fob pattern is lovely and I would ever so much like a copy. I know just the right person to make this set for and her birthday is coming.

Thank you so much for all your lovely patterns

MargaretHolly said...

Wow, another great pattern. Please send me the June Biscornu and Fob patterns. Thank you so much.

cowansd@shaw.ca

Shelley said...

I'd love a copy of your lovely June patterns. Thank you, as always, for your generositiy!

Shelley
leanan.stitches@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Can you believe that its finally summer. We have flower planted and our tomato plants. I love the spring and summer months and even into the fall. I would love to have your June Pattern, Your May and April one as well. I missed those when you posted them. Thank you for your generosity and beautiful creations. Email: pennyi1@att.net. Thank you

Mary said...

Hi, this is another beautiful chart. I would love to receive June biscornu and scissor fob. Mary
mclm2798@mchsi.com

Mary said...

I love this one and would love to have this one. Mary\

Sheila said...

HI Nic,That is lovely. I would like to have a copy if you don't mind.
Thanks
sheilarbales@gmail.com

Sheila said...

Hi Nic
What a lovely design. I would love to have a copy. Thanks
sheilarbales@gmail.com

H O L L Y said...

Hi Nic,

Just beautiful! I would love to stitch it. Thank you so much!

Hugs,
Holly
holly.vitale@gmail.com

Kathy A. said...

Copy please and don't forget your mailing address. I am leaving tomorrow to visit with grandchildren for a few days and would like to get this package in the mail before I leave.
drewsgrands@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

i would love the june biscornu pattern please. The Idea of june flowers is so nice. thank you
pennyi1@att.net

PennyI

Sunshine said...

What Beautiful little flowers. I'd love to have the chart. Thanks for Sharing! sunshine-14@charter.net

Pike said...

Hey Nic,

are you busy studying? My summer holidays are soon over - blaah. I have missed June biscornu all together so can you please send it?

Pirjo from Finland
pirjo.kallioniemi(at)yahoo.com

Janet said...

If possible I would love to have a copy of your May and June biscoru. I love making these little things. Thanks again,Janet
Jshersh71@sbcglobal.net

Carla said...

Would love this design also and hope you start back soon!
Thanks
cdevans11859@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I am afraid I deleted your email not really sure it is so crazy for me right now....sorry to bother you again but could I get May and Junes Biscoru's sent to me....Thank you so much

Janet
Jshersh71@sbcglobal.net

H O L L Y said...

So pretty! I would love to have the chart.

Thanks, Nic!

Holly
holly.vitale@gmail.com

Line @ WikkidWoman said...

Hi, I'd love a copy of your biscornu chart it's gorgeous!

Here is my e-mail sletvoldline@gmail.com

Thanks so much

Line