Sunday, April 25, 2010

April Biscornu and Fob - Free Cross Stitch Chart!

 April brings the primrose sweet, 
Scatters daisies at our feet.


We have been having a lovely sunny Spring here, and it's been most welcome after the cold and snowy winter! It's not been amazingly warm, due to the Northerly breeze that also brought all the volcanic ash, but leaves are budding, flowers are blooming and the birds are singing!

My niece is loving all the flowers - she is very much a child of nature and adores animals of all kinds, as well as flowers. She is getting good at identifying flowers now, having mastered animal names - which isn't bad when you're not quite four!

We went for the day to Hardwick Hall last weekend, and although she did enjoy visiting the house - especially the four poster beds, and finding all the animal imagery in the paintings, tapestries and furniture, the favourite part of the day for her was picking the daisies in the lawn... Her handbag made a convenient receptacle for them, and I'm sure the plastic shark that was already in there enjoyed being garlanded with flowers!







The chart follows my usual format of using only three colours so it should be quick and easy to stitch. I think it will look best on a pastel coloured fabric or natural linen.

The scissor fob can be personalised with your own initials as I've included a full alphabet

If you would like a copy of the chart, please comment below and leave an email address unless yours is visible in your blog profile. Some people ask for charts but I have no way of getting them to them :o( Charts are sent in PDF format.

If you do stitch this design, I'd love to see the finished article - and there will be a prize for any I show on my blog!

Although there is no charge for this chart, a donation to the MS Trust for this chart would be appreciated. Pennies will do - and you can make a donation by clicking here

There is no obligation to make a donation - you will be sent the chart whether or not you choose to make a donation, as I appreciate that some people are not in a financial position to do so.

This pattern is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. Items made from this pattern may be sold on a small scale basis such as on Etsy or at craft sales. Sales for charity are positively encouraged! This pattern and the text and photos contained within, may not be copied or reproduced for any purpose other than personal use. Please direct people to this blog rather than forwarding the pattern, thank you! Copyright 2010 N M Wray

23 comments:

Joanne said...

Woohoo, the April chart is here. This is my birth month, so I cannot wait to stitch this!

Myra said...

Nic, that is so cute. I love the color scheme you chose. I would love a copy of the chart even though it may be a while before I can stitch it. With gardening season in full swing here my stitching has taken a back seat! myrast@embarqmail.com

MarchAnn said...

I love your charts now I have to get around to stitching them. I really want to add April to my folder of your designs.
marchann58@gmail.com

GerryN said...

I would love to stitch this sweet little design....thank you so much.

GerryN
gerwhn@aol.com

Jules said...

I love the April chart! I would love a copy of it, please.

Your niece is just too cute with her little handbag. My niece was like that at that age. Now that she's a tween, she is a little more ... well, that's enough about that. lol

Have fun with her while she is still so young.

Julie
frggygrl@aol.com

Shelley said...

So sweet. I'd love a copy, Nic. Thank you as always for sharing your talent!

leanan.stitches@gmail.com

Cheryl said...

Oh i would love this chart please, its lovely! cherylthomas3000 at yahoo dot com Thankyou so much
Ive just finished the valentines fob i'll post a pic on my blog as soon as my recipient receives it!

Irene said...

I would love this chart. Thanks.
xshappy@telus.net

Vicki in CO said...

Thanks much for sending the other patterns. I'd love to have this one as well. Thanks so much!

Maricruz said...

Your niece is so sweet!!!
Have a nice day!! regards from Venezuela!!

Mary said...

I just love the daisies. Thank you for all the charts and I hope to get this one as well.
mclm2798@mchsi.com
Thanks, Mary

Joanne said...

I love daisies...and I can't wait to stitch this set...thank you! Joanne

xjclx@comcast.net

Karan said...

Bless your niece, it looks like she was having lots of fun... though those sunglasses seem to have given her grief. LOL
I would love the charts please Nic: milfurnace dot trading at ntlworld dot com

Sunshine said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. The Daisy Chart Looks Great. Thanks for sharing.
sunshine-14@charter.net

Charmed Life said...

Oh, the April chart is lovely. I would love a copy.
charmedlife2006@yahoo.com

Miss Stitchy said...

I can't wait to send you a pic of the finished project! miss.stitchy@gmail.com

Mary said...

Hi Nic, I just love it and would appreciate getting this lovely biscornu pattern. Thanks, Mary

mclm2798@mchsi.com

MargaretHolly said...

Just finished moving so I am a bit late in asking for the lovely April Biscornu and Fob chart. Thanks. Joan

cowansd@shaw.ca

MargaretHolly said...

Would love to receive the April Biscornu and Fob chart. Thanks.
cowansd@shaw.ca

Janet said...

I don't know how I missed your March and April chart but they are so cute...I would love to stitch them. Thank you, Janet jshersh71@sbcglobal.net

H O L L Y said...

Hi Nic,

I love your April chart. ALL of your biscornu charts are charming. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
Holly
holly.vitale@gmail.com

Carla said...

I would love this design, I hope you start back up soon. Thank You!
Carla
cdevans11859@gmail.com

Line @ WikkidWoman said...

Lovely daisies, I'd love a copy

Here is my e-mail sletvoldline@gmail.com

Thanks so much

Line