Monday, April 26, 2010

A Close Shave ...

I know my partner The Hermit doesn't appear very much in this blog - apart from when I make him stuff, or moan about mention that he doesn't like Christmas, so I thought it was time he had a post of his own. I won't go overboard, as he's mainly a retiring type, and generally hides behind pseudonyms on the web.

I imported him from Canada over seven years, having "met" him online in a Usenet community we were both members of. He's very tolerant of my stitching and stashing habits, as he does get a little obsessive enthusiastic about his own hobbies.


Sometimes, it seems he's a living Canadian cliche - burly, bearded and wearing checked shirts.

But, come 20 May, at least one of those won't apply, because he is shaving his beard off for charity!

 

If anyone wants to know why, and who for, I'd like to point you in the direction of his blog, where you can read all the details (and perhaps offer to sponsor him). I've never known him without a beard, so this is going to be weird ...

4 comments:

Meari said...

Very cool!

riona said...

I will be looking forward to the "after" picture ... I must say I like his poster asking for sponsorship ... I am always impressed by people who can do creative editing of photos and other images. Even the simple skills of putting together a slide show or collage elude me.

Karan said...

What a nice idea. Hope the fundraising does well. :0)

trillium said...

He would not look out of place in West Virginia!

Around here, people shave their head for charity and call it St. Baldric's day (on St. patrick's Day).