Monday, November 30, 2009

Thistle Stitching Accessories - Free Cross Stitch Charts!

Happy St Andrew's Day to all you Scots (and persons of Scottish descent!) out there :o)

To help celebrate, I've come up with these little designs for stitching accessories, incorporating the 'national flower' of Scotland, the thistle. The word Alba is Scots Gaelic for ... you've guessed - Scotland! I was only intending designing a biscornu, but I got a little carried away ... er, inspired!

The Biscornu, Needlebook and Pincushion charts are all interchangeable, so you can 'mix and match' the fronts and backs - my designs are only suggestions, after all!

If you would like copies of the charts, please comment below with your email address and I'll get them sent out to you - I'm working on a little more professional presentation this time round :o) I'm so pleased to get pattern requests - thank you for liking what I do!


Thistle Scissor Fob



Thistle Biscornu Front



 Thistle Biscornu Back



Thistle Needlebook Front



Thistle Needlebook and Pincushion Back



Thistle Pincushion Front



Thistle Scissor Pouch Front


Thistle Scissor Pouch Back

If you do stitch this set of charts, I'd love to see a picture - and there will be a prize for the first one I get!


Edited to add: If you feel so inclined, a donation to the MS Trust for this chart would be appreciated. Pennies will do - and you can make payment via the link in my sidebar or by clicking here.


This pattern is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. Items made from this pattern may be sold on a small scale basis such as on Etsy or at craft sales. Sales for charity are positively encouraged! This pattern and the text and photos contained within, may not be copied or reproduced for any purpose other than personal use. Please direct people to this blog rather than forwarding the pattern, thank you! Copyright 2009 N M Wray

36 comments:

Unknown said...

They are lovely, and since my husband was from Scotland, would love the set of patterns, but didn't see where I could download them, so assume I must ask you to send them to me, thank you so much for sharing your designs with your readers. BarbM
barbmoffitt@att.net

CindyMae said...

Happy St Andrew's Day to you! Those are lovely patterns!

Irene said...

Happy St. Andrew's day, lovely designs. I would love to stitch them. xshappy@telus.net

Amanda said...

Your designs are lovely Nic! I'd love a copy if that's ok email address is: dazamanda@optusnet.com.au
Thanks in advance.

Marilyn said...

I would LOVE them!
Thistles are my favorite!
Thank you.
Marilyn
Murf_2@ameritech.net

Shelley said...

Hi, Nic,
Is it too late to request your lovely charts? So pretty - I hope I find some stitching mojo soon, as these would be pretty little treats for my stitching nest.
Thanks,
Shelley
leanan.stitches@gmail.com

Marnie said...

How wonderful! I would love copies of all pieces if they are still available. My email is marlow0915 @ gmail dot com.

Catherine said...

Thanks for sending me the link to these! I'd love to have them - they are lovely.
catgerenser@aol.com

Jo Ann said...

another awesome design. I would love a copy of the charts. Thanks so much, Jo Ann jaomma1@aol.com

nutmegg said...

Thanks for the biscornu and fob charts I would also love the rest of the series, thank you.mrgrtkirkwood@yahoo.com.au

Mairi said...

Hi there! I would love a copy of these charts as well... thank you so much for your generosity! Regards, Mairi

Nic said...

Mairi - please leave me your email address, I can't get it from your Blogger profile.

Sara said...

I love these designs, would you mind sending me them here?
saramon1980@gmail.com
Thanks!!
Sara in Italy

LindataxPA said...

What wonderful designs. I too am a Scottish girl - my Grandmother was born in Dundee and my brothers love Scottish designs. I also have a dear friend who loves thistles. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us. Please send the patterns when you are able to.

Linda
lalabbw@aol.com

Jennifer said...

I'd love a copy of the Thistle accesories!

sweetpeastitches@yahoo.com

Virginia said...

Love the thistles!!

Would love to have the charts!

Virginia
alvadon@aol.com

Kate said...

What a wonderful pattern. Would you mind sending both thistle patterns?
Thanks,
Kate
kmorgan@tessera.com

Unknown said...

Loved your thistle designs. Please could I have a copy? e mail address is:-
beagle1948@aol.com

Denise said...

What a beautiful design. My husband's heritage is Scottish so I love thistle and Scottish things to stitch. I would love a set to stitch. Thank you so much for sharing.

Harvest Moon Primitives said...

OH I just found this set of charts..I love thistle design and would love to have the charts..
Thank you for offering these beautiful charts to us.

Marilyn
primitiveslady at gmail dot com

Countess said...

Love the Thistle biscornu. I'm from Scotland and a true thistle lover. Thanks for your offer of the pattern.
Slainte!
Linda
lmcounts1949@hotmail.com

Countess said...

Thanks for the offer of the thistle biscornu. I'm from Scotland and love anything adorned with thistles. Look forward to getting your pattern.
Linda

lmcounts1949@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have a copy of your thistle patterns. They are quite lovely. Thank you.
averyclaire@comcast.net

Eliza said...

Oh, I just love this chart too!
I just made a request for your shamrock chart, could I get this one too, please?

Thank you!
Eliza
elizabrugg@yahoo.com

Carla said...

I would love to have a copy of your patterns THANK YOU
cdevans11859@gmail.com
PLEASE I LOVE this whole set it is just lovely!

Regina said...

Your accessory charts are so timely!! I was looking for something to stitch for myself for a change. Please send me a copy of the charts to: ncregina2@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Regina

PegC said...

forgot to leave my email for the thistle pattern: pegcoleman@fineenamels.com

PegC said...

Fell in love with Scotland when I worked there for many years and love all things thistle. Would appreciate this pattern and have donated...thank you for asking.

Rhea said...

I would love a copy of this one also, thank you!
Rhea rhea61@verizon.net

doin'thebesteyecan! said...

Very beautiful designs! Thanks to YOU for all you do - I, too, have a disease that slows me down. I have learned to occupy the hours with stitchery and have found many other productive ways to fill my days! I have no time to ask "Why me?" or to be depressed!
Please send these charming patterns to me to work as a gift for a Scots-Irish friend!! Thank you!!
Pam
pdcbrew44@gmail.com

Anne Sans Tete said...

Your designs are beautiful!

Lisa.Marie.Nicholson@gmail.com

Thank you!

- Lisa N.

Amaretto Mamma said...

Oh, please tell me thiese delightful patterns are still available...
If they are, my email is susanwat@telus.net

Love your blog!

Amaretto Mamma said...

Oh, please tell me these patterns are still available. If they are, my email is susanwat@telus.net

Love your blog!

Unknown said...

I would love to have the pattern of the thistles. Its perfect for a ring pillow I am makeing. Thank you
normar307@aol.com

Treya said...

Thanks very much, looking forward to stitching these. treya@email.com

Treya said...

Thanks very much, looking forward to stitching these. treya@email.com