Monday, November 09, 2009

Striped Baby Sweater - Sirdar


Design: Striped Baby Sweater
Designer: Sirdar
Yarn: Elle Classic - 100% Courtelle

Needles: 3mm and 3.75mm (smaller than called for)

The yarn for this sweater was bought at the Creative Yarns warehouse on the summer knitting retreat - it cost me £1 for a 100g ball, an absolute bargain, as it knits up beautifully and is very soft for an acrylic. Out of three balls, I made the sweater and a matching hat, mitts and bootees!

The buttons cost me the same as a ball of the yarn ... they are cute little teddy faces :o)



The pattern knitted up quickly, but the seaming ... well, even though I had advice from the lovely Jill at The Wool Baa, I had to reset one of the sleeves SIX times before I was happy with it. Yes, I'm probably overly picky, but when this is a gift for a very precious baby, it has to be just right!

No comments: