Thursday, November 19, 2009

Regia S-T-R-E-T-C-H Wool Socks


Design: 60 stitch basic socks
Designer: Regia (leaflet that comes with yarn). Heelflap.
Yarn: Regia Stretch Color (70% New Wool, 23% Polyamid, 7% Polyester)
Colour: 121 Toronto
Needles: 2.5mm Knit Pro DPNs


In my quest to find the ultimate sock yarn, I'm working through as many yarns as  I can - it's a calling, I tell ya! - and making basic stocking stitch socks for a fair comparison.



This yarn is nice but on close examination you can see the stretchy core that is at the heart of it. The socks seem to 'shrink' more in the wash than others, but they are still wearable and expand to fit.

I think I'd be tempted to use this yarn for knitting socks for someone not immediately at hand to check the fit, and I'd not sure I'd want to do a patterned sock with this.

It was only when blogging I realised that this yarn was called 'Toronto' - which is a nice tip of the hat to The Hermit's heritage :o)

No comments: