Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tonks Socks


Design: 60 stitch socks, slip stitch heel
Designer: elements from the Regia leaflet and Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Opal Harry Potter (75% wool, 25% nylon)
Colour: 2350 Tonks
Needles: 2.5mm DPN

I wouldn't say I'm a huge Harry Potter fan- yes, I've read the books (well, apart from the last one) but have not really bought into the Harry-hype. Although I must say, I seem to have developed an inappropriate crush on Daniel Radcliffe, but that's a whole other story...

Anyway, it was the colours in this yarn that caught my eye, and I'm really sad that - too late - I found out it was a limited edition and that there will be no more! Pinks, wine and gold - what is there not to like? The off white and grey tone it down just enough to prevent retina burn, and the changes prevent knitting fatigue - I think I've said before I'm easily amused :o)

Opal is another favourite for sock yarn for me, great colours, wears well, nice and springy - love it!

No comments: