Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lest We Forget - Free Cross Stitch Design!



With the passing of 'The Last Tommy', Harry Patch, our human connection to the devastation that was the First World War is finally severed. The generation that fought end endured through the Second World War is diminishing in number too. However, the need to remember the sacrifices people made - and are still making - doesn't diminish. War is still with us. One day, hopefully, peace will prevail, but until then, we must not forget.

I hope you like the design. If you would like a copy, please leave a comment below with your email address, as this is a little too big to display as a jpeg.

If you do stitch this chart, I'd love to see a picture - and there will be a prize for the first one I get! 



Edited to add: If you feel so inclined, a donation to the MS Trust for this chart would be appreciated. Pennies will do - and you can make payment via the link in my sidebar or by clicking here.

This pattern is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. Items made from this pattern may be sold on a small scale basis such as on Etsy or at craft sales. Sales for charity are positively encouraged! This pattern and the text and photos contained within, may not be copied or reproduced for any purpose other than personal use. Please direct people to this blog rather than forwarding the pattern, thank you! Copyright 2009 N M Wray

8 comments:

Marci said...

A simple, but beautiful chart. I can never look at poppies without thinking of the sacrifices so many men (and women) made while serving their country.

As you know, Mark's dad passed away in Dec 2007 - he served in the US Navy during WWII (Pacific arena). I wish that I had taken time to talk to him about his experience - now I'll never have the chance.

Though deep down I abhor war, especially that which we are embroiled in at the moment, I can't help but admire and respect those who fought for our freedom.

Thank you for remembering...

Unknown said...

Having lost a grandparent in WW1 and an uncle in WW2, thank you for remembering those who serve, that we might be safe in our homes.
Would love to have the design.
BarbM
barbmoffitt@att.net

Casa Pearl said...

I called my dad today to thank him for his service. Although we are at war in several places now, our younger generations do not understand the patriotic duty and sacrifice that our older veterans experienced. I would love a copy of this chart - it's a lovely reiminder.
pkasmarek@hotmail.com

DebbieSFL said...

What a lovely chart for remembering. I would love a copy.

Thank you.

beestitchin1@yahoo.com

Rhea said...

I would love to have a copy of this beautiful chart.

Thank you,
Rhea email: rhea61@verizon.net

Sandy's Stitch Niche said...

What a beautiful poppy! We just visited Flanders Fields, really had no idea of the devastation and lives lost during WW1. I would really like to stitch this as a remembrance. Thank you!

Tracey said...

Just discovered your lovely blog... and this beautiful pattern! My FIL passed away 7 years ago, was a WW11 vet and his birthday was Nov. 11th. I would love to stitch this for my husband. If I could have a copy of this pattern, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank-you...

peh@xcelco.on.ca

Emzie said...

ANZAC Day and Remembrance have an important meaning to me, both my parents were in the Army, my Grandad and Great Grandads fought in their respective wars in the Army, I would love a copy of this to make for my Dad.