Sunday, July 19, 2009

O Christmas Tree - Prairie Schooler

Photobucket

Design: O Christmas Tree from the out of print Christmas Samplers chart
Designer: Prairie Schooler
Threads: DMC as charted
Fabric: 28 count evenweave, unknown colour

I finished this back in January, but it looks like I didn't blog about it!

This had been a UFO for a couple of years, but when I set to, it didn't actually take a huge amount of time to finish - or at least, it didn't feel like that, because like most Prairie Schooler designs, it was a joy to stitch.

The Hermit is not a huge Christmas fan, and doesn't like ornaments and such, but I'm afraid I'm just going to have to ignore him and get this framed and displayed prominently this Christmas!

Photobucket

As we don't have room for our own Christmas tree in our flat, I think this is a good substitute, and it can preside over the baskets of ornaments...

Photobucket

4 comments:

wendy said...

love this one too!

Leah said...

What a beautiful finish! I absolutely love it...congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Simply FABULOUS! Amazing Job!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Hiya,
I see you finished "O Chritmas Tree" would you be interested in selling the pattern to me if you are finished. I would love to do this pattern.