Friday, July 25, 2008

Beavering away...

I've been quite busy, craftwise, lately, but I don't have any pictures to share just yet, as everything is either an exchange, a PIF gift, a birthday present or is so near to being finished I want to unveil it completed! LOL ...

July is always a busy time with lots of family birthdays and work is very hectic too. We are putting the finishing touches to the show we're taking to the Edinburgh Festival, and I've been lending a hand with my needle and thread to get the costumes looking good - we're on a very tight budget for this show, so there has been quite an element of 'do it yourself' about everything - which is why my iron, glue gun, sewing kit, trimmings etc are all still at the office... :o) And of course, my main job is actually marketing and publicising the show, so I will be glad when everyone gets there safely at the end of next week!

I have to say I think I've conquered my phobia about using glue on my stitching - I've been making a lot of pinkeeps and scissor fobs, and although I do still stitch the sides together as insurance, I'm finding I can use glue to mount the pieces and hold them together without making a disgusting mess :o) This is definitely progress! And in other new techniques, I made a piece up into a scissor pouch this week too - I'll post about that separately.





And I've finally decided to show my face - rather than my computer generated avatar - on my profile, I've found a picture I'm happy to show the world - I'm actually listening to quite an interesting talk in this photo, and so was unconscious of it actually being taken... it's a bit pixelated because it's cropped from a larger shot but its a good shot of me, I think - so even if you'd been reading my blog for a while, hello and welcome from the real me :o)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was always wary about using glue, but I'm OK with it now, although like you, I lace the sides of pinkeeps etc together for extra security ;)

I also use Power Pritt gel whenever I can, as I think it's much nicer to use than the tacky glue and it sticks better.

Nice photo :)

mainely stitching said...

Well, hello Nic!! What a great picture of you - and thanks for sharing!!

Simone said...

Nice to see a face behind the name!

Marci said...

There you are! Great to see you in photos. Hope you, the SO and the piggies are all doing well.

Sally said...

Nice to "see" you Nic. It's a lovely photo.

Sonda said...

It's a lovely picture! It's always nice to see what people look like in person. I'm still waiting on the "right" picture for me.