Friday, August 01, 2008

Reviewing July Goals

I think I did okay on my July goals - I seemed to get most of them done, plus I also did a few things that weren't on them.

I haven't shared any pictures yet, but I really got back into knitting by knitting bracelets from wire and beads - that was a bit of a distraction but I did get some stitching done!

  • Card for Sister - done
  • Gift for Sister - done
  • Card for BiL - done
  • Card for Ma - done
  • Gift for Ma - done
  • Monthly Finishing Challenge - scissor pocket/keeper/sheath - done
  • One finish to make up - three done!
  • One framing finish - well, I've sorted out some frames, and also a mount for another piece, but I need to construct everything.
  • One PIF gift - done
  • Random Thoughts - I'm halfway through the main panel, but I'm taking this slowly, I'm enjoying it so much, I don't want to rush!
  • Summer Quaker Exchange (HoE) - done
In addition to the knitted jewellery, I also managed to finish Wooly Zipper (Bent Creek) - a not-very-old UFO and Honeycomb (Meinick Designs) - which was an old UFO, and also one of the larger projects in my stash!

My August goals were initially quite modest, but considering I will have more time on my hands - today is my last working day :o( - I'm going to have a real run at my quilt project as well as making things for The Hermit's birthday. I'm also going to try and empty my mending basket - why is it that decorative stitching is so much more enticing than the practical stuff like re-hemming trousers?

  • Quilt Block - Card Trick
  • Quilt Block - Tumbling Blocks
  • Card for The Hermit
  • Gift for The Hermit
  • Quilt Block x 3
  • Empty Mending Basket
  • Monthly Finishing Challenge - Scissor Fob
  • Needleroll Exchange (HoE)
  • One Finish to Make Up
  • One Framing Finish
  • One PIF Gift
  • One UFO
  • Random Thoughts - I've added this again, but I'm not going to worry if I don't in fact finish it.

1 comment:

Teena in Toronto said...

Good for you! I've got tons of stuff I have to do today.

Happy blogoversary!