Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update

I must be a touch crazy. I set my alarm for 3.00am this morning so I could listen to the swimming from Beijing.

I'm not really into swimming as a sport - I was the only person at my primary school who never got their 'Learner' certificate :o) - but I did want to find out how Rebecca Adlington got on. And it was worth it - bless her little cottons, she stormed it!

I've spent most of the day listening to the radio and/or watching the streaming feed on the computer. Alan Green commentating on the rowing is terrific, he gets so involved - I think he was tearing up when Britain won the rowing gold medal - he was convinced they'd lost it, so was I, I was probably in the same state! :o) Britain has had a great medal haul today, and there are more coming tomorrow - it's good to see! I had to have a nap after the 100m final though...

Stitching wise, I've been working on two items for exchanges so I can't show you pictures - a needleroll for the Hooked on Exchanges swap, and a floss tag for a private exchange with Karen V. I've also worked a little more on Random Thoughts. It's been really nice today, just forgetting my responsibilities and stitching!

3 comments:

KarenV said...

Wasn't it a fantastic day for Team GB! We were glued to the TV for much of the day and were cheering the rowers and cyclists on. And Usain Bolt - wow!

tammie said...

i am afraid i have been so busy i have not seen much of the olympics but i am proud of what we are achieving and hope it continues.

meet me at mikes - crafty! said...

Ooh.. miss olympics! Tell us if you walked! Do tell us! But we don't mind if you didn't.. really we don't! We like you no matter what!