Saturday, August 16, 2008

Update

I must be a touch crazy. I set my alarm for 3.00am this morning so I could listen to the swimming from Beijing.

I'm not really into swimming as a sport - I was the only person at my primary school who never got their 'Learner' certificate :o) - but I did want to find out how Rebecca Adlington got on. And it was worth it - bless her little cottons, she stormed it!

I've spent most of the day listening to the radio and/or watching the streaming feed on the computer. Alan Green commentating on the rowing is terrific, he gets so involved - I think he was tearing up when Britain won the rowing gold medal - he was convinced they'd lost it, so was I, I was probably in the same state! :o) Britain has had a great medal haul today, and there are more coming tomorrow - it's good to see! I had to have a nap after the 100m final though...

Stitching wise, I've been working on two items for exchanges so I can't show you pictures - a needleroll for the Hooked on Exchanges swap, and a floss tag for a private exchange with Karen V. I've also worked a little more on Random Thoughts. It's been really nice today, just forgetting my responsibilities and stitching!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it a fantastic day for Team GB! We were glued to the TV for much of the day and were cheering the rowers and cyclists on. And Usain Bolt - wow!

Anonymous said...

i am afraid i have been so busy i have not seen much of the olympics but i am proud of what we are achieving and hope it continues.

meetmeatmikes said...

Ooh.. miss olympics! Tell us if you walked! Do tell us! But we don't mind if you didn't.. really we don't! We like you no matter what!