Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Decisions, decisions...

As promised, Wye Needlecraft got my JCS Ornie issue in the mail yesterday, and I had it in my hot little hands in time for elevenses (fennel tea and stem ginger oat biscuits, yummy!). Now that's what I call excellent service!

I liked this issue much better than a couple of the previous ones - 2005 being particularly bad, if I recall. There are some real classic (and classy) projects this time round - ones that stand out include Brightneedle, Jeannette Douglas, Homespun Elegance and The Workbasket. There are fewer that make me go "huh?" although once again I'm left baffled at the Jemini Designs one. There are a couple of disappointing efforts - Elizabeth's Designs being one. The Wee Works angel is just awful, but I'm biased against angels anyway!

I think my first ornament from this book will be the Angel Stitchin's one - I think that the motto "hope your stocking is filled with love and dreams" is very appropriate for my little niece. She might prefer it to be full of books, jungle animals and new shoes but hey, she's not yet two, she's got a lot to learn! :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was wondering how you were just the other day!! Small world.

Hope that you get your job.... do enjoy your ornie issue, bit of a mixed bag in there for me this year and sounds like for you too.

Will continue to read your blog Nic.