Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall Freebie - Trail Creek Farm


I stitched this for an exchange on the Bookcrossing UK Yahoo group I belong to - I made the design into a fridge magnet, as it was stitched on plastic canvas. I backed the design with white paper to hide reverse, and used UHU glue to stick on a (supposedly) self adhesive magnet.

I used different colours to those charted, but I think it looks pretty similar to the model. For a bit of extra pizazz I added a button from the bag I used on the Pumpkin Flower Sampler.


Design Details

Fabric: 14 count plastic canvas, fawn
Threads:various overdyed threads
Designer: Trail Creek Farm (Linda Ebright)
Chart Details: Fall - Freebie available from Trail Creek Farm's website
Stitch Count: 29H x 29V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch, Back stitch
Threads Used: The Dye Is Cast: Aztec Gold, Pumpkin Patch. Weeks Dye Works Pistachio Nut. Cross stitch in two strands.
Embellishments: Heart shaped button.
Modifications Made: Own choice of threads, added button.

No comments: