Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Little and often...

One of the reasons Celtic B became a UFO was that I was bored of all the backstitch. I really don't like doing backstitch once I've finished cross stitching - I like the shapes to stand up for themselves. And that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...

Anyhow ... I decided to make a start on the back stitch, as I'm up against a deadline on this which can't be missed, and I'm working on Celtic B as my travel project. I only have a short commute - less than 25 minutes each way on the bus, including waiting at the stop - and I've discovered that the backstitching is totally tolerable when broken down into such small bites, but the fact that I'm doing it twice a day is really making inroads into it.

There's probably a moral there somewhere... LOL

I popped into the LNS in town today, to pick up a skein of DMC. Why is it that the colour I run out of is never one of the spares I have on hand? Anyway, I saw the new "Satin" range from DMC. Looks just like their old rayon threads to me - am I missing something?

Talking of DMC, I was speaking to the owner of the very-L LNS on Friday (I was buying card mounts and peel offs, didn't realise I needed the thread...)Apparently, DMC have shut their long established warehouse in the UK in order to rationalise and save costs, so all stock is now coming from France, hence longer lead times and more out of stocks. Looks like DMC are just sorting themselves out to be here for the long haul, there's no need to start hoarding yet!

I've sorted out the projects I want to stitch for both the freebie exchange and the biscornu finishing challenge, I've been awfully organised this month :o) Once Celtic B and these two projects are finished, that's all my goals for the month done!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I hate backstitch too Nic. Seems to take ages to do.

mainely stitching said...

I thought the new DMC satin looked just like plain ol' rayon to me, too!