Monday, October 06, 2008

Purple ZigZag Socks



Design:Simple socks
Designer: Sue Morgan for Viridian Trading
Yarn: King Cole Zig Zag, 50% wool, 50% nylon
Needles: 2.5mm



My first pair of socks :o)

I've been knitting more years than I should really admit (35 years... my mum started me on dishcloths when I was 4) but never really managed the whole using more than two needles thing - I think it was due to lack of patience, with hindsight :o) The first rows of circular knitting with double pointed needles (DPN) are a bit tricksy but perseverence pays off :o)

They are really quite comfy and the wool blend isn't as overly warm as I thought it might be. And the socks aren't too thick, so I can still put on my usual shoes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Awesome :) x

staci said...

Love your socks!!! Awesome job :)