Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Spooky - San Man Originals



Design: Spooky (a subscriber freebie)
Designer: SanMan Originals
Threads: DMC as charted
Fabric: 28 count evenweave, Amsterdam Blue (I think)

This project was my Hallowe'en Exchange piece over on the Hooked on Exchanges blog, and stitched for Olga in Louisiana. Initially, I didn't know what to stitch, as I don't really do a lot of Hallowe'en stitching, and it took me a while to settle on something from the mass of freebies I have in my stash. I'm so glad to hear she likes it!

The original design was a little deeper and made into a candy roll, but I didn't have a huge border left over so I decided to make it squarer and into a patch for a trick or treat bag. The bag is made of felt and hand sewed together. The handles are trimmed with black buttons back and front - pretty but they probably wouldn't hold too many treats LOL



Here is a picture of everything else I added to the exchange - I particularly liked the dancing skeletons fabric!


3 comments:

staci said...

Adorable bag!!! Very nice exchange!

Sally said...

Very cute finish Nic. Love how you've finished it off.

Olga said...

Hi Nic,
I am not a very Halloween-y person either so I like your choice of the patttern and what you made it into. Thank you,
Olga