Friday, April 24, 2009

End of the week update

Photobucket

My Happy Sock is coming along nicely - I'm currently on the toe decreases, only a few more rounds and the dreaded grafting to do and then it's done! I'm already planning my next pair, I love having socks on the go, they are so portable!

Photobucket

And only one more band to do on the Antique Hearts Needleroll too, although of course there's quite a bit of hem stitching needed at this point. The picture is 'fresh off the hoop' - I'll iron it next time!

Photobucket

Somehow - probably because it got stuffed in my bag - Petites Lettres Rouges met with either ink or eyeliner ...

However, with my trusty bottle of Stain Devil and a cotton bud ...

Photobucket

I'm very relieved, because it really is a pretty piece. I've also washed it in dish detergent and warm water and the colours stayed absolutely in place, which is always a relief when dealing with hand dyed threads!

So, hopefully this weekend, in between completing a Uni assignment, I will have at least one happy dance!

3 comments:

Gabi said...

Thank god you could remove that stain. That would have been horrible. The floss color you used for this one is adorable. What floss did you use? Your socks are great too, so is the needleroll.

CindyMae said...

Your sock is looking great as is the needle roll piece! I am so glad that you were able to get that stain out!!! It is looking wonderful and that would have been such a shame if you would not have come out!

mainely stitching said...

Whew! What a lucky break that you could get the mark out!

Your socks are very cool!