Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Woodland Exchange Received!

I think this exchange from the USA had wings, because it arrived Thursday morning, having only been posted on Monday! Unfortunately, I've been tied up with work and Uni stuff to post pictures before now, but I have been using and admiring my gifts!


Photobucket

Stacy made both these fabulous items for me - a needlebook/beading wallet and a scissor case.

The design is by The Drawn Thread, one of my favourite designers, and is called Four Fat Friends (freebie available here)

The backing fabrics perfectly match the design, and are in some of my favourite colours, and the cord is handmade to match too.

Photobucket

Opening up the pouch, there are some little pockets which are just the right size for a packet of needles, and Stacy included some Piecemaker needles - my first packet of these very famous necessities!

But wait, there's more ...

Photobucket

Open another flap and there is a non-slip surface for putting beads on so that they are easily accessible when embellishing stitching! And it works great - I used it when I was adding beads to one of my current WIPs and it's so much easier than juggling with my bead caddy!

And can you see the little quilted bird? Here's a close up:

Photobucket

There's a tree pattern quilted into the back of the pouch too, but I couldn't get a good photo of that :o/

Thank you Stacy so much for such a wonderful, thoughtful and creative gift!I'm amazed at the attention to detail in your stitching and finishing. I hope you had as much fun making it as I will using it!

3 comments:

Gabi said...

What a GORGEOUS exchange. I love that pouch. It's stunning and so practical.

mainely stitching said...

That's really a great exchange! Enjoy!

CindyMae said...

That is absolutely fantastic! Beautiful!