Don't let it be said I live in fear of Anna the Stitch Bitch, but I think she was expecting an update on my finishing weekend!
So, without further ado, here it is...
So, here we have two framed finishes, six pinkeeps and a scissors fob!
I confess, I used Spraymount and double sided tape rather than lacing, but I think I redeemed myself slightly by stitching up the sides of the pinkeeps rather than go for more glue. Glue and I don't get on. Spraymount and tape are about my limits...
This is a design by JBW Designs, French Country IV - Pumpkin. I love the colours of autumn, and I will possibly display this most of the year round as it goes with my living room decor.
The frame was a charity shop (thrift store) find, complete with double mount - it had a dull cheap print in it and it would have cost me less than £3 (US$5). Of course, I'd stitched the pumpkin on a piece of fabric a little too small for this, so it took quite a while to centre it up and to make sure the edges were hidden! The ripples you can see I think are from the glass, as the piece is actually smooth in real life!
This design is Easter Cracker from a kit by Bent Creek. I finished it last year but it's been sat in my drawer ever since. So only a year or so - that's not bad going by my standards!
The frame is another charity shop find, even cheaper. It was destined for another piece, but when I tried it against this one, it seemed to go so well to me that I can't now remember what I originally had planned for it!
Lack of fabric wasn't an issue with this, but it still took a while to centre and square up!
I'm so lucky to have four charity shops within a ten minute walk of the flat, I have come across some great finds.
I'll show you the other finishes in another post, time is getting on and I'm supposed to be getting dinner ready...