Friday, August 21, 2009

The Squirrel (part) - Full Circle Designs

Photobucket

Design: The Squirrel (out of print)
Designer: Full Circle Designs
Threads: DMC as charted
Fabric: 28 count evenweave
Finish: Bourse

I stitched this for the Woodland Exchange over on Hooked on Exchanges. I took the centre portion of The Squirrel chart and used it for my project. I think I had hopes of stitching the squirrel as a matching scissor fob but making this took a lot of time!

Photobucket

I backed the piece with this fabric from my stash and folded the corners back. I secured them with stitching - the buttons are purely decorative!

Photobucket

I added ribbons in two colours, and the design hides itself away cleverly when they are gathered.

Photobucket

But it can be opened up and sits like a bowl when needed for storing bits and bobs.

This was my first bourse, and I enjoyed making it, although I don't think I got the proportions quite right.

4 comments:

CindyMae said...

You done an amazing job!! Fantastic work and it looks just simply gorgeous! Congrats!

valerie said...

Nic, your bourse is beautiful! You did such a great job and I'd never believe it was your first one!

Cole said...

Wow, that looks fabulous!

Unknown said...

Thank you SO MUCH for this post. I loved it.I love your blogs and i often visits your blogs.....

--
Venus
Are you scared to be alone at

home need security