Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February Scissor Fob - Linden Bee Designs

 

 
 
Design: February Scissor Fob - freebie design available here
Designer: Linden Bee Designs (i.e. me!)
Threads: DMC in three shades
Fabric: 14 count aida
 
 
February brings the rain,
Thaws the frozen lake again.

The second in my monthly series. To be honest, I associate February more with snow, as it's my birthday this month, and it always snows on or around my birthday - which is Saturday, for people in the UK who want to be prepared! I was even born in a bad snow storm. Ma had gone into the hospital on the morning of the 19th and the midwives thought it was a false alarm, but because the weather had closed in even more after rounds had been done and ma was technically discharged, they kept her in overnight - which was a good job, as I arrived in time for breakfast! Of course, dads were not encouraged to stay and he'd been sent home earlier, which meant he'd to walk back in. Sixteen inches fell on the 19-20 February, and my parents lived ten miles from the hospital. Dad still says it was worth it! Love you too, dad! (Hmm, never asked my ma if she thought it was worth it... LOL!)

Anyway, to get back to my stitching - this design came out of my Valentine's design, and I wanted something less pink and which reflected the month as a whole. It stitched up pretty quickly, and looked a lot less grey than the colour scheme on the charting software seemed to make it - the blue is actually blue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! And very appropriate for February, since it's raining/sleeting/trying to snow here today.