Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Finish or Fling? - Hot Water Bottle Cover


This has moved house with me more times that I really want to count. Observant long term readers of this blog may recognise some of the fabrics have been used in the Advent Calendar Wallhanging, which dates it to about 1992/3.

It was supposed to be a cute hotwater bottle cover of a patchwork quilt. It came from Needlecraft magazine - and I've lost the pattern. And a couple of the pins holding the piles of fabric together have rusted.

Pros:
  • Very cute
  • You can never have too many hot water bottles

Cons:
  • Don't have the pattern
  • Some of the fabric is damaged
  • The Hermit's Christmas allergy

So: Finish or Fling?


Verdict: Fling. Or at least, subsume the salvagable materials back into my stash.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I really enjoy your finish or fling posts. Makes me want to look through my own WIP/UFO closet!