Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Beehive - Lifetime Samplers


This sampler is one that looks a lot better "in real life" than it does in pictures - the colours blend very harmoniously together.

I'm not normally a fan of the slatted beehive images, but this one looks good, and it's nice to have a change from time to time!

I did have to frog the border a couple of times, which is what you get when you stitch when tired - in my defence, it was because I really wanted to finish this!

The kit originally came with cream aida, but I switched it out for a more muted evenweave - I think it was Jazlyn, it was certainly very smooth to stitch on!

Design Details

Fabric: 28 count Jazlyn evenweave, bone (I think)
Threads: DMC stranded cottons
Designer: Lauren Fraser Turner
Chart Details: Beehive (Little Charmers Series) No. 73 - Lifetime Samplers - (c) 1999
Stitch Count: 50H x 92V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch,Back Stitch,
Threads Used: DMC stranded cottons in 3047, 729, 680, 829, 471, 937, 3753, 340, 554. Cross stitch in two strands.
Embellishments: Brass bee charm.
Modifications Made: Substituted 14 count cream aida with 28 count evenweave in bone.

No comments: