Thursday, September 13, 2007

Strawberry Pincushion - Historic Needlework Guild


I seem to have a subsection in my stash for strawberries - they've crept up on me with me noticing, I must say - but it becomes more obvious when you list your stash alphabetically!

This was another Historic Needlework Guild kit, which was fairly quick and easy to stitch. I omittted the over-one stitching in the centre, and won't be attaching the heart charm that came with the kit, but I'm not sure what to replace it with. I'm going to have a browse through the scrapbooking charms and things my local LNS has, and I might even have a trip to Hobbycraft tomorrow, on my way back from the circus that I volunteer at.

I will probably make this into a pin cushion, as I think it would look a bit dull framed.


Design Details

Fabric: 28 count linen, antique white
Threads: unknown stranded cotton
Designer: Alice Okon
Chart Details: Strawberry Pincushion (Little Exquisites Collection) - Historic Needlework Guild (c) 1997
Stitch Count: 64H x 64V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch, Four Sided Stitch, Algerian Eyelet
Threads Used: unknown stranded cotton in three shades of pink, ecru and two shades of green. Unknown gold metallic. Cross stitch in two strands.
Embellishments: None.
Modifications Made: All cross stitch stitched over two. Silver heart charm omitted.

No comments: