Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Primitive Primroses - Ewe & Eye & Friends
I acquired this from a trade on the (now defunct) Chartswappers Yahoo Group - I got quite a surprise when the chart arrived with the UFO! I loved the colours, so actually finished this piece rather speedily. However, that was back in 2003 and since then, it's sat in my box of finished pieces awaiting making up.
I chose to make it into a bell pull, as custom framing is so expensive, and thin, narrow frames are hard to find off the shelf. There was enough of the linen to basically fold and stitch to the finished shape, although I had to make the back seam off centre as the stitching wasn't quite centred on the fabric. I used threads pulled from the edges to sew up the seams - this means that my stitching is practically invisible, which is a huge advantage!