Thursday, January 01, 2009

Angel of Joy - Bent Creek


Design: Angel of Joy
Designer: Bent Creek (from the 2000 JCS ornament issue)
Threads: DMC conversions, DMC115 and Caron Wildflowers in Pine
Fabric: 28 count lugana (?) in a very pale blue

It is a tradition now that I stitch my niece (The Tot) an ornament for Christmas. This is the third one I have done. Last year's Santa was pretty much a semi circle, so I looked in my stash of magazines for something to complement it, and came up with this little angel. With her curly hair and generous size, perhaps this is what I will look like if I ever get to Heaven ;o)

The Tot already has very decided opinions, so next year, I think I will just show her the magazine and let her pick. She likes crafts and painting already, so perhaps next year too I can start her with some binca and soft cotton to make her own ornament ...

2 comments:

Marci said...

This is cute design - I like it a lot.

Anna van Schurman said...

I've stitched this cutie for my niece too! Great aunts--by which I mean aunts who are fabulous--think alike!