Friday, January 02, 2009

Scarf

Design: Garter Stitch Scarf
Yarn: Sirdar Vegas (two balls)
Needles: 5mm

This was the scarf I knitted for my mum for Christmas. I think she liked it best of her presents, which surprised me, it was only really a stocking filler.

I bought the yarn on a clearance sale. It cost me £0.49 a ball, so I made this scarf for less than a quid! (a euro, or US $1.50) I think it looks pretty good and doesn't betray its bargain bin origins :o)

The scarf was fairly mindless to knit, as I made it in garter stitch - cast on 20 stitches and knit until the yarn runs out was the general idea ... Ma doesn't like too big a scarf anyway, so this was about the right length (about 60 inches) when it was finished.

The fun bit was getting all the ends pulled through - I ended up attacking it with The Hermit's hairbrush and giving it a vigorous grooming!

No comments: