Saturday, June 28, 2008

Another Bloom - Lizzie*Kate

Design: Bloom - freebie available here
Designer: Lizzie*Kate
Threads: DMC as charted
Fabric: 14 count aida, tea dyed

This was my first version of Bloom and I made it into a little softie for a softie exchange. The front and back are made from felt - just the ordinary store bought stuff, not felt I've made myself! - the back is a peachy colour to match the tulip. The buttons came from my stash - the ladybug is hiding a little wrinkle where I stitched the flower closed after stuffing :o)

I was pretty taken with this finish, it was hard to part with it!

3 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Haven't you been busy! :D

I'm not surprised you had a hard time parting with this one. It really is adorable. :D

Anna van Schurman said...

Love this finish! I'm going to have to copy it!

Ginnie said...

Hi
Love your L*K bloom, I have a copy of this chart but haven't started yet. Maybe I will now I have seen one done.