Friday, June 20, 2008

Goldfinch Card

Design: Goldfinch
Designer: Not known, from a British Cross Stitch magazine of the 90s
Threads: DMC
Fabric: 28 count evenweave

This card is a companion piece to the card I gave my dad for his birthday, but this time it was Father's Day.

Goldfinches are another bird that flock to my parents' garden - drawn by the seeds they put out, and the sheltered spot they have, with plenty of trees and shrubs. I love finches, they are so perky and cheerful!

I have two more birds stitched up, so that is next year sorted... (Lord willin' an' the creek don't rise...LOL)

3 comments:

mainely stitching said...

OMG, my best friend always used to say that (Lord willin' and the creek don't rise). What a flashback to loads of great times the two of us had together!

Your goldfinch card is so cute. :D

Marci said...

This one's lovely. I hope your dad appreciates it.

I had a visit to the x-stitch shop when my mom was visiting last month. Spent a bit of money, but haven't stitched anything yet. I got a dog one that reminded me of Henry, so as soon as I find the right Weeks/Sampler Threads, I'll be starting it.

Elizabeth Braun said...

Oooh, that's pretty! I'm doing a goldfinch CS design as well, here and there in between stitching gifts.=) Might even finish it this year.....