Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Update

I haven't got a picture to share, but I'm on the sheep band in my Morning Song SAL - I wonder if I can finish it by the end of the month? I'm finding it a really enjoyable stitch, and I'm going to continue to stitch on a Just Nan project once a week, I think. I have quite a few in my stash. I fancy doing ... hmmm... don't know about that, maybe September Song next?


I've returned to Neat Country Stuff by Homespun Elegance, this is where I picked it up at:



I've finished the moon and stars block and have started the one in the bottom left, which is Noah and his ark.

I'm also working on the next blocks of my quilt. They are both tacked to the paper pieces and just need sewing together now.

I'm bored with working on Wooly Sheep. There, I've said it. I think I'm going to retire this to my UFO pile for now. I think it's the working with perle on a large count fabric - I've done several pieces like that recently and I want a change. There's not really any challenge with this, and I need something to occupy my brain a bit more.

Of course, this means that Random Thoughts can come out again ... ;o)

One of my exchange pieces for the month is done and just needs assembling, and for the other exchange, I have to make a Christmas ornament. I have a pattern pulled out, and I'm going to be moving away from cross stitch for it - I can't tell you more in case the recipient reads this blog!


7 comments:

Cyndi said...

I know what you mean by getting bored with a project. I was so anxious to get the alpine seasons mandala started - finished the inner circle, and now have put it away for who knows how long. I like those country pieces!

Sally said...

Your HE piece looks lovely so far Nic.

Mmm I was wondering if I could Morning Song finished by the end of the month! Lol!

Your SMP piece looks good. I think I've got this one finished and waiting to make up somewhere!

mainely stitching said...

This is a great HE project! It's looking wonderful.

mainely stitching said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a cute collage!

sammyjo said...

Oh your HE looks really pretty!

Anonymous said...

hiya just wanted to say greaat stitching and i too get bored stitching the same sort of thing sometimes i have been stitching two large cheetahs for almost a year now but every now and then i have to do other things.. keep going i am sure it will great...