Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Let It Begin With Me - SanMan Originals

Design: Let It Begin With Me (exclusive message board freebie)
Designer: SanMan Originals
Fabric: 28 count evenweave, antique white
Threads: Six Strand Sweets - Jelly Beans for the lettering, toning solids for the symbols

This has been lurking in my stash for nearly four years, stitched but not 'finished'. It was part of the 12 Days of Christmas freebies series that SanMan released in 2004 and I was going to stitch one a day from Christmas Eve onwards. This was the first - and only - one I completed, as my grandmother died unexpectedly on Christmas Day.

I do like the piece - I was a member of CND in my youth - but if I'd shared it with my gran, I can picture her wearing that slightly disapproving look she had - I am too liberal minded for us to have seen eye to eye on many subjects butwe saw past each other's hobby-horses :o)

This is a very simple wallhanging finish, with some lightweight batting inbetween the face and backing. I will use mini pegs to attach it to a hanger, when I've found somewhere suitable for it to hang.

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

I'm glad you finished this piece. It's interesting how with some of our family members we can get beyond the 'seeing eye to eye' (or not seeing eye to eye!) and still find common ground.

Deanne J said...

I really like it and glad you finished it.