Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bee My Honey Bee - 4 My Boys

Design: Bee My Honey Bee
Designer: 4 My Boys
Fabric: 28 count linen
Threads: GAST and DMC


Not the best photo - but there will be another when it's "finished" finished! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet though - because of the blue fabric, it doesn't really go with the rest of my bees and beehive projects on the "wall of bees" ...

This was a lovely quick stitch, worked in a combination of Gentle Arts Sampler Threads and DMC, on a hand dyed linen oddment - I think it's a Silkweaver one.

I think the designer has now retired, which is a shame. The cross stitch world seems to be shrinking all the time :o( Knitting and card making are the "big things" at the moment in the UK. I can (and do) knit, but cross stitch is my big love...

Edited to add: If anyone would like the chart, please say so in the comments!

No comments: