Friday, April 04, 2008

More stash ...

My favourite charity shop had a quarter yard of 28 count evenweave for 19 pence (about 10 cents). How could I not buy it? I also found a large frame for a sampler I've had finished since 2002, so for £5.99, plus a quid or so for mountboard, I will finally have "Spirit of Scotland" framed! Yippee!

I then went to the quilt shop for a backing fabric for the Pinkeep I'm making for the Hooked on Exchanges exchange. The store owner saw the piece, went to the shelf and pulled the perfect fabric for the backing, so I got that and some lightweight cotton batting. I then spotted a pile of old issues of New Stitches, on sale for 50p each in aid of charity, so went and had a rummage. I'd chosen two (which I thought was quite restrained!) and then ... there was a chart I have been looking for for years. It's called "The Boy King" by True Colors, and I had the kit, originally (bought in a sale) but somehow, I lost the chart. I never threw the kit away, although I have come close several times, and now I can stitch the piece! I'm feeling very lucky this week, perhaps I ought to buy an extra lottery ticket...

My Pinkeep is now made up, and although I say it myself, I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out. It's now going in the mail, but it doesn't have far to travel, so if I get off the computer in the next few minutes, it could even get there tomorrow!

2 comments:

Sally said...

Wow wish I found stuff like that in the local charity shop! What a great find.

Meari said...

You found some great stash! Congrats on your wonderful finds...