Friday, April 04, 2008

SBQ

This week’s SBQ was suggested by Terri and is:

What items do you consider essential to your needlework that you keep in your stitching bag?


I only have a small cosmetic bag which I take on my travels, but it's surprising how much fits in there:

- current project on a hoop
- threads for project
- chart for project
- scissors + fob + pocket
- magnetic needle case - usually containing size 26 John James Petites, but quite often an assortment
- stitch unpicker
- sewing cotton in a contrasting colour (for gridding, or to mark boundaries for borders etc)
- crochet hook (to give back to friend at next stitch and bitch)

If I'm nearing the end of a project, then I pack in the next one too, with it's own hoop. If I'm going to be travelling by plane, then the scissors get subbed out and I add my Clover cutter.

No comments: