Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Funky Bunnies




The link for the pattern - came via a "heads up" from Emily at The Floss Box, and was a limited edition freebie. The good news is that the pattern is now on sale, over on Kristen Doran's blog. I had to figure things out without instructions, and I made a few alterations to the pattern, including giving them a felt "face". I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out.

The top two were the first I made, and I thought about giving them to The Tot (my niece) but I liked them too much to part with them - so I made her the gingham one below. I did have to steel myself to give it to her, but I guess I could always make another one ...

I thought one piece limbs with felt paws would be quicker and less fiddly, but there wasn't much in it...

The bunnies are entirely hand sewn, I don't use a sewing machine at all these days - the one I possess is an antique, and too heavy to manoeuvre and lift, and I don't have space to keep it set up permanently, so it's just in storage.

6 comments:

Simone said...

Hihi, great bunnies!

mainely stitching said...

Oh, I must give these cuties a try!

Hel Gibbons said...

Fab! :D

Lelia said...

These are cuter than the bees knees : ) Luv them!

Kristen Doran said...

I'm so impressed that these are all hand sewn! Thanks for giving my pattern a go. They look FAB.
Kristen

Emily said...

Glad the link was useful! Those bunnies are just super cute!!