Thursday, April 10, 2008

Scotland International Heart - The Victoria Sampler

Design: Scotland International Heart
Designer: The Victoria Sampler (Thea Dueck)
Fabric: 25 count evenweave, white
Threads: DMC and Kreinik #4 braid
I liked stitching this heart - for once, all the elements looked like they were supposed to, although I did fiddle a little with the piper's pipes :o)
These little kits are great for learning some new specialty stitches, as the instructions are so good.
The bird is a type of grouse called a Capercaillie - which coincidentally is the name of one of my favourite bands!. Their Myspace page can be found here.
I did think about making all of them up into a quilt, but know I've discovered pinkeeps, they may very well end up as a series of those!

3 comments:

Carol said...

What a gorgeous finish Nic!

mainely stitching said...

Hey this looks great! Good job!!

Sally said...

That is lovely Nic!