Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Amethyst - Classic Embroidery/Adele Welsby Designs

What I like about hardanger is the speed with which it grows - if you get the counting of the Kloster blocks right!

It really is an impressive looking technique for not a huge amount of effort - just a steady nerve when it comes to cutting!

The kit instructions were very good, and there was sufficient (just, in a couple of cases!) thread to complete the design.

I stitched this almost as charted - the only modification I made was omitting the picots on the woven bars, as 1. I think they look too fussy and 2. I can never get them even!

I'm not sure what I will finish this as!

Design Details

Fabric: 22 count hardanger, white
Threads: unknown perle cotton in 5 (four colours) and 8 (white)
Designer: Sandra Pim
Chart Details: Amethyst (Hardanger Tile Collection) - HC409 - Classic Embroidery/Adele Welsby Designs (c) 1996
Stitch Count: 108H x 108V
Stitches Used: Satin Stitch, Algerian Eye Stitch, Four-sided Stitch, Woven Bars.
Threads Used: Perle 5 in white, green, dark pink, pink, Perle 8 in white.
Embellishments: None
Modifications Made: Omitted the picots on the woven bars

No comments: