Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Winter Basket - Lizzie*Kate


I stitched the main part of this earlier this year, but couldn't find the button required to finish it off ! This has now been rectified!

Lizzie*Kate is one of my favourite designers for fun, easy to stitch pieces that fit the relaxed style of this household! I didn't really like the designs when I first saw them, but I was involved in several online stitching groups where people were huge fans, and gradually I got sucked in ...

I enjoyed stitching this - it grew quickly, and I think the colours work well. Because it was such a long time ago, I can't remember exactly what I did - I think I used the DMC substitutions for most of the work (I'm not using over dyed threads for half a dozen stitches!) but I used overdyes for the alphabet, basket and foliage.

I have the other three seasonal baskets in my stash to stitch - someday!

Design Details

Fabric: 28 count linen, cream
Threads: Gentle Arts Sampler Threads & DMC
Designer: Linda Ebright
Chart Details: Winter Basket Snippet #S58 by Lizzie*Kate (c) 2004
Stitch Count: 49H x 48V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch
Threads Used: GAST: Maple Syrup, Shutter Green, Tarnished Gold, Dried Thyme, Pine. DMC 729, 3781, 221, 224, 3722. Two strands used throughout.
Embellishments: Pine Cone Button (JABC)
Modifications Made: Colour substitutions from as above. Stitched on cream linen, not antique white.

No comments: