Friday, August 10, 2007

Jewelled Bracelet - DMC



I don't, as a rule, like stitching with metallics, but this little kit was so attractive I couldn't resist when I saw it in my LNS sale. In "real life" the colours are a little brighter, and the stitches stand pretty proud - in fact, DBF initially though it was a beaded piece when he saw it lying on the PC desk.

It stitched up pretty quickly, and as for finishing - there wasn't any, as the fabric was pre-overlocked, and the bracelet clasp already attached! The threads were reasonably well behaved, although I had to knot them into the eye of the needle. I couldn't find my "Thread Heaven" but I really didn't need it.

Design Details

Fabric: 14 count aida, black
Threads: DMC Light Effects metallic threads
Designer: unknown
Kit Details: Light Effect Bracelet - Jewel - DMC (c) 2005
Stitch Count: 6H x 75V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch
Threads Used: DMC Light Effects in E3849, E703, E718. Two strands used throughout.
Embellishments: None
Modifications Made: None

No comments: