Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Baa - The Bold Sheep


Sheep are another favourite thing of mine to stitch, and I thoroughly enjoyed stitching this funky specimen! The colours really sing, and it's impossible to look at Dolly (yes, I named my sheepie!) without smiling!

Because the design was whole stitches only, and no backstitching, I kept the aida that came with the kit. I find using a fine Petite needle makes stitching on aida a pretty smooth process - the needle doesn't need the usual tug to get through the hole so I might be becoming reconciled to aida - maybe!

The only downer on this kit was I ran out of one colour with six stitches left to make - which was very annoying, as I'm very economical with thread, and there was plenty of the others left. What made it worse was that the threads used are Anchor, and I have only a (relatively) small collection of that, whereas I have a full set of DMC!

This will probably be finished as pillow.

Design Details

Fabric: 14 count aida, white.
Threads: Anchor stranded cottons.
Designer: Louise Ellwood.
Kit Details: Baa - The Bold Sheep (c) 2004
Stitch Count: 60H x 60V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch
Threads Used: Anchor 24, 109, 140, 147, 255, 386, 403, 874, 943. Two strands used throughout for cross stitch.
Embellishments: None.
Modifications Made: None.

3 comments:

Marci said...

I adore Dolly! She's really cute. And that was a kit? Some of the kits you all get are just adorable.

I'm glad I stay away from looking at certain sites - I don't need to order more when I haven't touched a needle in over a year.

Nic said...

She's great, isn't she - I got her off eBay from the designer - you can see her range at www.theboldsheep.co.uk

I have another one from her in stash, and there's a few more I'd like!

I think we do get nicer kits in the UK than you do, but you have the chart designers... what that says about the different stitchers, I don't know. What's amazing me at the moment are the French peeps - they've got some gorgeous things at the moment, and the freebies you can find are amazing!

Meari said...

Cute sheep. Congrats on the finish. I love petite needles! They're all I use whether it's aida, evenweave, or linen.