Friday, August 10, 2007

Bee Kind - The Victoria Sampler


Although the kits in this series are designed for beginners, and I left that category some time ago, they are so sweet - as well as being my favourite theme - that I collected the lot over time through eBay.

I did a couple last year when I was feeling really low and struggled with them - that's how I knew how bad my depression had got - but this one and it's three companions were all stitched during a 20/20 cricket match - so they took maybe 45 -50 minutes each.

The instructions in the kits were a credit to Thea Dueck's teaching skills - I'm going to keep them for when I get the chance to teach my niece (15 months) to stitch!. The fabric was cut to an adequate size, and there was plenty of thread included in the kit - as well as the bee charms and pretty mount/greeting card!

I haven't yet mounted this properly in the card yet, as I want to back them with interfacing, but I popped them in to scan them, as they look so much more effective like that!

Design Details

Fabric: 25 count Lugana, white
Threads: DMC
Designer: Thea Dueck
Kit Details: Bee Kind - The Victoria Sampler (c) 2001
Stitch Count: 16H x 30V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch, Back Stitch
Threads Used: DMC 745, 223, 932, 3347, 3371, 3345 Two strands used throughout.
Embellishments: Two bee charms.
Modifications Made: None.

No comments: