Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Jungle Room Plaque

Photobucket

This was a UFO (UnFinished Object) which I'd intended to stitch for Molly as a Christmas Gift for 2006. At least I will be ahead of myself for this Christmas!

This was a kit I purchased on eBay, and originally it came with 14 count aida, which I switched out, as I dislike stitching on aida, even with small (26) Petite needles. I thought that there would be fractional stitches, but the shaping is done solely with the backstitch.

I'm pleased with how quickly, relatively, it stitched up - and it's so jolly and cheerful! Molly loves animals, and her room is decorated with jungle creatures already, so this will add to the zoo!

I will either frame it or make it into a small padded wallhanging. Molly's room is quite small, so it may be the former, as this will fit a 5" x 7" mount.

Design Details

Fabric: 28 count evenweave, white
Threads: unknown stranded cotton
Designer: Gene Frehely
Kit Details: 16699 Room Sign, Sunset Jiffy by Dimensions (c) 1999
Stitch Count: 62H x 89V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch, Back Stitch, French Knot
Threads Used: unbranded stranded cottons. Two strands used for cross stitch, French knots, some backstitch, one strand used for remaining back stitch.
Modifications Made: Substituted 28 count evenweave in white for 14 count aida supplied; did personalisation in all capital letters; omitted white French knots in eyes.

No comments: