Friday, August 24, 2007

Celtic Stones - Textile Heritage


I didn't realise the kit was so small when I bought it from eBay, because a quick glance made it seem quite detailed - and it is pretty effective in real life. I was uncertain about using the gold on the stones, as it seemed very bright in the border, but next to the greys, it became much more muted.

It was a very quick stitch! The directions called for stitching it with two strands, but I find that looks very chunky on 18 count aida, so I went for one.

The kit came with a nice red card to mount the stitching on - I will do that, then mount the whole lot onto a bigger cream card and frame it.

Design Details

Fabric: 18 count aida, cream.
Threads: unknown stranded cottons.
Designer: Lesley Clarke.
Kit Details: Celtic Stones - Textile Heritage Collection
Stitch Count: 27H x 27V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch, Back Stitch.
Threads Used: Unknown stranded cotton in 7 colours. One strand used throughout.
Embellishments: None.
Modifications Made: Stitched in one strand throughout (directions called for two)

No comments: