Monday, November 12, 2007

Christmas Wishes Stocking - Thistle Threads

This is the ornament I've stitched for my sister - it's safe posting a picture, as she's not really into computers! She's very proud of the fact that for the first time ever this year, she's ordered something online...

Anyway, when looking through the ornament issue to pick an ornie for Molly (my niece) she mentioned in passing she liked this one, so ... it's quite appropriate, given our Scottish heritage, although I have to say I've never seen a tartan quite like this one! I omitted the pale yellow stitches in order to let the background fabric show through, and I must say I like the effect - it makes it look more textured and woven, I feel.

I'm going to back it with some bright pink felt and make it into a hanging ornament. I might pop something small inside too.

Design Details

Fabric: 16 count damask aida, antique white
Threads: DMC stranded cotton and Kreinik metallic threads
Designer: Tricia Wilson Nguyen - Thistle Threads
Chart Details: Christmas Wishes Stocking - JCS Ornament Issue 2007
Stitch Count: 59V x 48H
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch, Backstitch
Threads Used: DMC 150, 246, 166, 3852. Kreinik #4 Braid in 002HL. Cross stitch in two strands over two.
Embellishments: None.
Modifications Made: Substituted #4 Braid for DMC 712. Omitted DMC 727 and let background fabric show. Stitched on fabric, not a perforated paper stocking.

No comments: