Friday, November 16, 2007

Winter ABCs - Lizzie*Kate


Okay, with all the goals I have in my to do list, I probably shouldn't have started this, but I was feeling rebellious - plus I needed an easy stitch as my travel project!

This was pretty easy to do - although there is a counting error in there :o) I like the fact that the mitten was charted as an alternative to using the button. I think I will eventually get the buttons for this set of charts and frog the motifs, but that's a plan for another time!

I made a couple of changes to colours, and used the gold for the baubles on the tree rather than white, just to make them stand out more.

This is going to be framed in frames similar to those I've done the (original) Flip Its in.

Design Details

Fabric: 14 count aida, cream
Threads: Gentle Arts Sampler Threads, Minnamurra Threads (charted for Weeks Dye Works)
Designer: Linda Ebright - Lizzie*Kate
Chart Details: Winter ABCs - Lizzie*Kate Snippet #S33 (c) 2001
Stitch Count: 40H x 67V
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch
Threads Used: Minnamurra 250, GAST Forest Glade, Nutmeg, Buckeye Scarlet, Brandy. Cross stitch in two strands of floss.
Embellishments: None.
Modifications Made: Substituted fabric and used own choice of threads. Omitted white stitches and used gold instead.

2 comments:

Iris said...

Looks great, lovely Christmas colors !!

Sally said...

You have been very busy again Nic. Love all your finishes but especially the Dragon Dreams one. I want to do that one and last year's for my eldest DD.