Sunday, November 25, 2007

Now You See It...


And shortly you won't.

This is a Charland design and I'm not very happy with how the metallic thread lies - it's Kreinik cord, and the stitches look horrible! Also, there wasn't enough included in the kit, and my LNS is having trouble getting hold of Kreinik since the UK distributor changed. So, today's task - when I've done some finishing - is to frog it all! Oh joy! I will restitch it in either Kreinik braid (which I have several spools of in my stash) or a DMC metallic,using plenty of Thread Heaven.

Where I've started the ribbon embroidery on the right hand side is also coming out.

Is it any wonder this was a UFO? :o)

4 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Well, from my standpoint (I really hate braid and even metallic threads) there's no wonder it became a UFO. A big round of applause to you for salvaging it!!!

Sally said...

Oh no what a shame you're going to have to frog the metallic. That is awful to frog. I hope you get it done OK. It is a pretty design.

Susan said...

It's too bad you had to pull it out. It looks like you had done it so carefully and neatly!

Marci said...

When I stitched a few charland pieces, I found myself wondering why she chose some of the threads she did.

Hate metallics of any sort - so the fact that you made the effort impresses me.