Thursday, November 22, 2007

Santa - Knotted Pine NeedleArt



This is the ornament I've stitched for my niece Molly from this year's JCS Ornament Issue. I made some changes to the colours, using just colours I had in my stash.

It was a fun stitch and I really enjoyed it - I think Molly will like it! I'm not terribly happy with the tassel, but 18 month olds aren't harsh critics LOL


When I gave Molly the Santa ornament that I'd originally made for my gran, I asked her who it was. She smiled and confidently announced "Grandad!" I can see her point - here is a picture taken when she was six weeks old with my dad :o)


Design Details

Fabric: 28 count linen, stone
Threads: Gentle Arts Sampler Threads, DMC (charted for Weekes Dye Works & GAST)
Designer: Jamie Beam - Knotted Tree NeedleArt
Chart Details: Santa (c) 2007 Knotted Tree NeedleArt
Stitch Count: 59V x 56H
Stitches Used: Cross Stitch, Back Stitch, Rhodes Stitch
Threads Used: GAST Cherry Bark, Tarnished Gold, Cranberry, Peacock. DMC blanc, 310, 3722, 950. Cross stitch in two strands of floss.
Embellishments: Mill Hill Beads, ceramic star.
Modifications Made: Substituted fabric and used own choice of threads and beads.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I couldn't get the first pic to load, but the Santa is great! Molly is just adorable, and so is your dad.

Sally said...

What a cute finish Nic!

Sonda said...

Looks wonderful! Nice work!