Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas ABC Part 11 - U*V* - Free Cross Stitch Chart!

 

Unwrapping presents has to be the best thing. I'm really terrible about waiting - I'll prod, poke and sometimes even piggle the paper and peek :o) I always maintain it's not impatience - it's my curiosity and the need to know! Of course, not all good presents need unwrapping - one year, we got a puppy the week before Christmas - who got lost under the wrapping paper because he fell asleep when the excitement got too much. And seven years ago, we got the message that paperwork enabling The Hermit to move to the UK with a British passport had been found :o)





It mustn't be forgotten that Christmas is above all a Christian festival. And of course, God's representatives on earth are the clergy. In the Church of England, the person in charge of a parish is usually the vicar. My gran was a member of the Church of Scotland, which is a similar episcopal denomination. She had been ill one time, and so the vicar popped round to see how she was doing. It was a Tuesday afternoon, her regular meet up with her sister, mother and another friend. How pleasant, you might think. Until you realised it was the usual Tuesday card school (gin rummy, for money) and that as well as tea and biscuits on offer, there was a bottle of Scotch whisky on the table!

If you would like copies of the charts, please comment below with your email address and I'll get them sent out to you. If you do stitch either of these designs, I'd love to see a picture - and there will be a prize for each one I show on my blog!

Edited to add: If you feel so inclined, a donation to the MS Trust for this chart would be appreciated. Pennies will do - and you can make payment via the link in my sidebar or by clicking here.

Edited to add: As of Twelfth Night (6 January 2010) this chart is no longer available as a freebie. It may return at some point as a chart for sale to raise money for the MS Trust


This pattern is offered for personal, non-commercial use only. Items made from this pattern may be sold on a small scale basis such as on Etsy or at craft sales. Sales for charity are positively encouraged! This pattern and the text and photos contained within, may not be copied or reproduced for any purpose other than personal use. Please direct people to this blog rather than forwarding the pattern, thank you! Copyright 2009 N M Wray

8 comments:

pj said...

Time for unwrapping will be here soon. Usually a fun event but I have had some embarrassing moments unwrapping also! Thanks for sharing your wonderful Christmas memories! Visions of what Christmas should be! pjstitcher@mchsi.com

Trinabelle said...

We had our Christmas yesterday with my mom, due to work schedules. The wrapping paper was definitely flying!

Thanks so much for sharing these charts with all of us!

~Katrina
KatMomXstitches@hot.rr.com

Myra said...

I am still busy wrapping! LOL Thank you again for these charts.
myrast@embarqmail.com

Irene said...

As a kid I always tried to peek inside the boxes, now when I wrap gifts, it's taped so much no one can peek :) Please send these to me. Thanks again for the cute designs. xshappy@telus.net

Margaret said...

Hi Nic,
Please send me these two - I did smile at the story of the Vicar!
stedman.margaret@gmail.com

DonnaTN said...

Where did the weekend go? I'm a day late, but you know I want these2! Thanks!
ladybug8@bellsouth.net

CindyMae said...

Would love these too! Thank you!

Unknown said...

Me too, please! mamadi@pacbell.net